IB Math AA HL
All the questions you could need! Sorted by topic and arranged by difficulty, with mark schemes and video solutions for every question.
Choose your revision tool! Contains topic quizzes for focused study, Revision Village mock exams covering the whole syllabus, and the revision ladder to precisely target your learning.
Helpful refreshers summarizing exactly what you need to know about the most important concepts covered in the course.
Full worked solutions to all past paper questions, taught by experienced IB instructors.
Thank you Revision Village Members
#1 IB Math Resource
Revision Village was ranked the #1 IB Math Resources by IB Students & Teachers in 2021 & 2022.
34% Grade Increase
Revision Village students scored 34% greater than the IB Global Average in their exams (2021).
70% of IB Students
More and more IB students are using Revision Village to prepare for their IB Math Exams.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IB Math AA HL?
IB Mathematics Analysis and Approaches (AA) Higher Level (HL) is one of the four math courses introduced in the current IB Mathematics curriculum (2021-2027). The AA HL course is a traditional mathematics course, whereby students develop a deep understanding of mathematical concepts and solve both real and theoretical problems, with and without technology. The Analysis and Approaches HL course should be considered by students who are strong at mathematics, and are interested in pursuing courses and pathways involving mathematics after their IB Diploma Program (economics, sciences, etc.)
What are the assessment items in the IB Math AA HL course?
The IB Mathematics Analysis and Approaches HL course consists of four assessment items that contribute to a students overall score for the course. There are three exam papers, combined to be worth 80%. Paper 1 (non-calculator) and Paper 2 (calculator) both consist of short and long response questions. Paper 3 consists of 2 long response problem solving questions (calculator). The fourth assessment item, worth the remaining 20% of the marks, is a ‘Mathematical Exploration’, where students complete a written assignment involving the investigation of an area of mathematics that interests them.
How should students prepare for IB Math AA HL exams?
There are two phases students progress through in their two-year IB Math AA HL course: the learning phase and the revision phase. The learning phase occurs in class, with their teacher and textbooks, where students first encounter and explore the mathematical concepts and consolidate their understanding by solving questions specific to that concept. The revision phase, which is what Revision Village is specifically designed for, is when students consolidate their understanding of all of the concepts in the AA HL course and appreciate how the concepts are connected. In the revision phase, the most effective strategy is to practice lots of IB Math AA HL exam questions, to build confidence, reach mastery, and be prepared for the AA HL examinations.
How does Revision Village support IB Math AA HL students?
Revision Village is specifically designed to support IB students in the revision phase of their IB Mathematics Analysis and Approaches Higher Level course. Revision Village has four main sections, each for different revision purposes: 1) Questionbank: a large library of IB Math AA HL exam questions categorised by topic and ordered by difficulty, 2) Practice Exams: a carefully designed set of quizzes and mock papers for students to use in their final phase of revision, 3) Past Paper Video Solutions: step-by-step video tutorials of past AA HL exam questions, taught by experienced IB Teachers, and 4) Key Concepts: short concise videos that recap the important theory in the AA HL course. Revision Village is the perfect place for IB Students to learn, practice and prepare for their IB Mathematics exam stress-free, with all of the resources they need in one place.